Last Date Revised: 10/01/2013
- License. The contents of our Site, including its “look and feel” ( e.g., text, graphics, images, logos, and button icons), editorial content, notices, software (including HTML or XML-based computer programs) and other material, are protected under both United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other laws. These contents belong or are licensed to Aegerion. We hereby grant you the right to view and use our Site subject to these Terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided in the Site for internal use or distribution only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from us.
- Your Responsibility. You assume all responsibility for your use of, or access to, this Site, including your access to any Aegerion or other literature obtained through the Site, and waive all claims or causes of action against Aegerion, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates in connection therewith.
- Links To Our Site. We welcome links to our Site from other web sites; however, you must link to our home page and permission is required before we link. To request permission, please contact us at the email address provided in paragraph 10 of these Terms. We in no way operate, control or endorse linking sites, and we reserve the right to disallow any such link at any time in our sole discretion.
- Third-Party Resources On Our Site. This Site may contain links to websites operated by other parties. The linked sites are not under the control of Aegerion, and Aegerion is not responsible for the content available on any other Internet sites linked to this Site. Such links do not imply Aegerion's endorsement of material on any other site, and Aegerion disclaims all liability with regard to your access to such linked websites. Aegerion provides links to other Internet sites as a convenience to users, and access to any other Internet sites linked to this Site is at your own risk.
- Disclaimer. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE, OR COMPLETE, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON IT FOR ANY DECISION OR TO TAKE ANY ACTION. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the Site.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Aegerion, its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to any violation of these Terms or any activity related to use of the Site (including but not limited to infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Site on your behalf.
- Privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information from visitors to our Site unless you voluntarily decide to provide it to us through one of the provided e-mail addresses. Visitors are invited to make inquiries about Aegerion and our research, or to inquire about job opportunities. We will use the information you provide us in those communications to respond to your inquiry, but will not use or disclose it in any other way without your express consent, except to contractors or service providers who may provide services or perform functions on our behalf – for example, an information technology service provider or human resources consultant. Those contractors and service providers are permitted to use your personal information only for the purpose for which it has been provided and may not disclose it to any other third party except at our express direction and consistently with this paragraph. This paragraph applies only to information collected from visitors through our Site and not to personal information that Aegerion may collect in its research or through any off-line or other activities.
- Copyright and Trademarks. Copyright (C) 2010 Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All Rights Reserved. AEGERION and AEGERION PHARMACEUTICALS and logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and protected under the laws of the United States and other countries.
- Employment Opportunities. We welcome expressions of interest in employment with Aegerion. Aegerion does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, national origin, age, sex, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law. You understand that an invitation to submit your resume or expression of interest in a job posted on the Site is not intended to, and does not, create a contract between you and Aegerion for employment or for any other benefit. You understand that any communication sent by you to Aegerion inquiring about employment shall not be considered an application for employment and creates no obligation on the part of Aegerion to respond. Should Aegerion be interested in exploring employment opportunities with you, we will contact you in response to your inquiry.
- Governing Law and Forum. These Terms are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, except for the conflict- or choice-of-law principles thereof. By using the Site, you agree to submit any and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms exclusively to the state or federal courts located in or with jurisdiction over causes of action arising inBedminster, New Jersey, or, at Aegerion’ sole election, to binding arbitration before a single arbitrator pursuant to the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures, with such arbitration to take place in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- Contacting Us. To inquire about linking to our Site or about trademark or copyright matters or if you have any questions or concerns about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Site Does Not Provide Medical or Professional Services Advice. The content on this Site is intended to be a general information resource in regard to the subject matter covered. Aegerion does not directly or indirectly practice medicine, render medical advice, or dispense medical services via this Site, and nothing contained in this Site is intended to be instruction for medical diagnosis or treatment. Any information provided should not be considered complete, nor should it be relied on to suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. Information received from this Site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal, technical, or financial decisions. It should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation or the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider. Should you have any healthcare related questions, please consult with your physician or other qualified healthcare provider promptly.
- Forward-Looking Statements. This Site contains express or implied forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are based on current expectations of management. These statements relate to, among other things, our expectations regarding management's plans, objectives, and strategies. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, and which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. Aegerion assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in any press release in the event of changing circumstances or otherwise, and such statements are current only as of the date they are made.
- Updates. Aegerion may make improvements and/or changes to this Site at any time. Although we attempt to periodically update information on this Site, the information, materials and services provided on or through this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Aegerion does not have a duty to update information contained in this Site, and Aegerion will not be liable for any failure to update such information. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site, and we undertake no obligation to update or revise the information contained on this Site, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained in this Site before relying upon it.